Skip Navigation

  • Home
  • About Shirley
  • Businesses
  • Community
This table is used for column layout.
Town Resources
Business Certificates
a.k.a "Doing Business As" or fictitious name certificates
Business Certificate Applications(fee of $40 registers your business with the Town Clerk's office for four years and includes two certified copies of the certificate) must be accompanied by a completed State of Massachusetts Workers Compensation Affidavit.

There are two versions of the Affidavit:
Please be sure to complete the appropriate  affidavit. 

In order to be in compliance with the Town's Zoning By-Law, most businesses (even home-based businesses) need to obtain a Use Permit from the Town's Zoning Office at 978-425-2600, x260.

The application fee for a Use Permit is $25.00.  To protect your own interests, you will want to apply for your Use Permit before you come to the Town Clerk's office to file your business certificate.

Town of Shirley     7 Keady Way     Shirley, MA 01464     PH: 978-425-2600