The Board of Selectmen is composed of 3 members serving staggered 3 year terms. Board of Selectmen are governed by the Town Bylaws and the General Laws of Massachusetts.
The Board of Selectmen has the authority and responsibility to:
- Provide general policy direction
- Issue administrative orders
- Appoint and serve as hiring authority for approximately 20 boards, committees and officials who administer town government
- Issue Annual and Special Town Meeting Warrants
- Engage and Supervise Town Legal Counsel and approve actions in litigation
- Authorize all borrowing and all expenditures, including payroll
- Act as the Town Licensing Board, issuing alcohol, common victuallers, class I, II & III and earth removal permits
- Publish the Annual Town Report
Debra Flagg became the Chair of the Board of Selectmen in July. She would like to try something new that she thinks will be helpful to the residents of Shirley. She would like to better serve you by making herself available by phone to help answer your questions and concerns. She can be reached at 978-660-1788. Let's talk!
|Michael McGovern||Town Administrator|
|Melissa Marcucci||Executive Assistant||978-425-2600|
|Debra Flagg||Chair (2016-2019)|
|Bryan Sawyer||Vice-Chair Member (2017-2020)|
|Enrico C. Cappucci|