The Board of Selectmen is composed of 3 members serving staggered 3 year terms. Board of Selectmen are governed by the Town Bylaws and the General Laws of Massachusetts.
The Board of Selectmen has the authority and responsibility to:
- Provide general policy direction
- Issue administrative orders
- Appoint and serve as hiring authority for approximately 20 boards, committees and officials who administer town government
- Issue Annual and Special Town Meeting Warrants
- Engage and Supervise Town Legal Counsel and approve actions in litigation
- Authorize all borrowing and all expenditures, including payroll
- Act as the Town Licensing Board, issuing alcohol, common victuallers, class I, II & III and earth removal permits
- Publish the Annual Town Report
All requests to be on Selectmen's Agenda must be submitted no later than 4 p.m. on Wednesdays.
|Michael McGovern||Town Administrator|
|Aubrey Thomas||Assistant Town Administrator|
|Andree Lourdes Jean Jacques||Chair (2019 – 2022)|
|Debra Flagg||Vice Chair (2020-2023)|
|Bryan Sawyer||Clerk (2018-2021)|